Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Great British Sewing Bee has Started!


My favourite programme has started.  For the next couple of months Tuesday nights are special, spaghetti bolognese in front of the telly to watch the Great British Sewing Bee!  This year there is a great bunch of contestants all working in a beautiful sewing room in a converted warehouse beside the Thames.

So what has the close-up of the scrappy cot quilt got to do with the Great British Sewing Bee? Well, it's all about Cliff, the first contestant to leave - not because he was eliminated, but because he wasn't well.  Such a shame, because he clearly has talent, just look at his shirt!  I recognised those strawberries instantly.  The pink of the strawberries stands out beautifully against the navy background, and the little blueberries in the design add a splash of blue. Colourful, in a sober sort of way.  It is a lovely smooth cotton poplin, so Cliff knew it was not only striking, but comfortable, nice to wear, and easy to wash and iron.  Top marks to Cliff.

4 comments:

  1. I love the the Great British Sewing Bee! I wish it was next week!

    Have a nice week and i love your blog!
    Lots of love from Purmerend!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla, and wonderful to see that the Sewing Bee is popular in Holland!

      Delete
  2. I was thrilled when I found out about season 2 of the Great British Sewing Bee!

    This time I instantly liked all contestants.
    I was sorry to see Cliff go. And surprised, but his remark that he had to work much faster than he was accostumed to, made me smile. I'd have felt the same way.
    And I find Chinello intrigueing. Her approach to sewing fascinates me, because it's so different.
    I'm definitely going to make sure I won't miss any episodes. Thankfully I can record them, because my sewing class will start shortly and the class is every tuesday evening.

    love,

    Marianne



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Marianne, Chinelo is interesting. Who needs patterns?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...