Thursday 17 March 2016

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 85 - And Then There Were Two


Combining sewing with the rest of one's life can be tricky sometimes.  At the moment the rest of life is winning.  All I have got round to this week is putting the binding on the second failed tea cosy table mat.  Perhaps I should make some colourful cakes and have a proper tea party.



blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg


Here goes for week 85...
 
The project in Week 84 that really caught my eye was Cynthia's Scrap-A-Palooza quilt, using scrappy strips and a big bold flower design for the quilting - definitely a method I might try soon...  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.
 



If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau and Russia have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.


Linking up with Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
and Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday.


 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature! I will be back soon with another finish to link up. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrappy look of the tablemats!! Hope you find soon more time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not having much success getting to the sewing machine myself this week. I have a wall hanging that I need to quilt but my machine is still being repaired. I have held on long enough in hope they would call this week and now I have to change my planned quilting, and do something else on my piecing machine instead. I hope you find so more time on the sewing machine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How frustrating for you with a machine out of action. Meanwhile, there are too many comings and goings with the family at the moment, and also I have to plant the potatoes soon. Perhaps I shall have a bit more time after Easter.

      Delete
  4. I'm happy to have stumbled onto you blog. I love FMQ and how fun to share and see what others with the same passion are up to. I do believe that these beautiful little mats deserve some pretty cakes and tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tish - delighted to see you here!

      Delete
  5. I have made carrot cake, lemon drizzle and seed bars this week, if you lived closer I could have sent some round.

    Smiles from
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...