Thursday 13 October 2016

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 110 - Planning (of sorts)


Methodical or what?  Planning isn't my forte.  I prefer to bash ahead and enjoy myself and throw the pieces together at the end.  Such is the joy of quilting as you go.  However, having made six panels out of eleven for the Secret Project, I decided that it was time to decide where the first six were going to be placed, so that I can plan (after a fashion) the last five panels.  So here are all the coded labels, all in the top left hand corner so I get the panels the right way up.  Foolproof, you would think, but that still didn't prevent me getting one of the panels on the Surprise Quilt upside down.

Yes, I know the photo is rubbish, but this is a Secret Project after all.




blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg



Here goes for week 110...


The project in week 109 that caught my eye was Louise's fishy baby quilt, all made on a boat!  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.




If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia and Ireland have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.


2 comments:

  1. This was a post I could relate to. You captured the need to plan with the drive to be intuitive perfectly. Who hasn't wonder how some section of a project got turned and not caught until it was securely stitched amongst its neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear I am not alone. I can meticulously plan ahead and I still make a mess occasionally. Thank goodness I enjoy the challenge of fixing it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...