Thursday 20 October 2016

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 111 - A Sewing Tip


Riotous is probably the best description I can give my sewing room in this mercifully fuzzy picture.  This was a couple of weeks ago, but it's still a tip.  The sort out is taking far longer than I anticipated, probably because it is so boring.  So I have no project to show this week, but there is one bubbling gently in my head, which might transform itself into a scribble on the back of an envelope very soon.  That is where I tend to do my best drafting.



blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg



Here goes for week 111...


The project in Week 110 that caught my eye was Bernie's snowflake runner.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.


img_7838


If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia and Ireland have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

3 comments:

  1. I have a lot of scribbles on the back of envelopes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are truly a girl after my own heart.

      Delete
  2. When I was a mother of two young children, we would spend rainy summer days doing science experiments and/or art projects. One afternoon I had managed to cover the kitchen with paper towels that had been used to separate food dye - making tie-dye style toweling. My husband came home from work to what appeared to me to be absolute chaos. What does he say? "Looks like you guys had a lot of fun today." Now when I see your studio, my own studio or others creative surroundings I see creativity where before I might have only seen one big mess. Thanks for sharing your creativity. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...