Thursday 27 October 2016

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 112 - Parallel Lines


It's a boring yet fascinating process.

The annual 12 x 12 exhibition at Midsomer Quilting is at the beginning of December, but for some reason I had it my head that it was next spring.  A couple of weeks ago I realised it was coming up soon, and it wasn't until last weekend that I decided that if I got a move on I could make a quilt (or very possibly two) in time for the show. 

So I am in parallel lines mode...



...stitching sea, sky and rainbow, with a swirly cloud thrown in for good measure.

The theme of the show is mystery, myth and magic.  Quite what I am going to do in the foreground is still a bit of a mystery to me.  I shall have to do about five minutes' serious thinking tomorrow.

blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg



Here goes for week 112...


The project in Week 111 that caught my eye was Yanicka's blue and white table runner.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and see more photos.




If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia and Ireland have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

4 comments:

  1. I am loving the colours you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Muv! I can see it may be boring, but the effect created is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rainbow is going to have such wonderful texture! I just love matchstick quilting, but it does take a loooooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going Muv. This is going to be really nice. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.😊

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...