Thursday 12 January 2017

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 121 - Poppy Heads


Very quick and easy.  Why have I not stitched these before?  I have been doodling these poppy seed heads alongside Sudoku puzzles off and on for months, and have only just stitched them for the first time this week.  Originally I wanted to do poppy flowers, but decided the petals would be a bit of a fuss.  In real life they drop off so quickly you spend more time looking at the seed heads, so perhaps the autumnal look is a bit more true to life.

This photo is also interesting for another reason.  The quilting was done a couple of days ago, and the stitch is fine.  What happened in the meantime to throw the tension off?  Just slightly, nothing drastic, but enough for me notice and be dissatisfied.  I had a happy twenty minutes checking the tension and testing the stitch today.  Let's hope it will be full steam ahead tomorrow.

The Secret Project is coming on apace.  I am now on the ninth panel of eleven...


blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg


Here goes for Week 121...

The quilt that caught my eye in Week 120 was Deana's flower quilt, beautifully quilted to complement the appliqué.  If you haven't seen her blog post yet, nip over now and have a closer look.







If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.


So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France, Macau, Russia, Ireland and Brazil have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

5 comments:

  1. Your free motion poppy seed heads are lovely.
    You have inspired me, thanks:)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I've done a few more today.

      Delete
  2. These poppy heads are so sweet! It's been too long since I've been able to FMQ, but I would love to try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get well soon Janine! I know how frustrating it is to have a bad shoulder.

      Delete
  3. Thanks SO MUCH for featuring me on your blog! I am sorry I didn't realize earlier. It was very welcoming today when I visited to join your linky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...